will be translated to English later.
This Sternwheeler from Alaska was built in 1912. In it`s beginning time the W.H.BANCROFT
transported very unusual freight, namely frish fish from the small fishingboats at the estuary of
the Copper- River. She brought the fish to the big fishfactories of the Orca Station from the
Northwest Fisheries Company.
In later time she probably transported buliding material for the railways. How long she had
been committed in this business, is not known today. Also their is nothing known about her
An complete article about that boat exists and is dated in 1912 which was published in the
International Marine Magazin and among other things descripes her construction.