Built in Pittsburgh by Capt`n S. B. Colson for Missouri- River. She was 180 feet in length, 33 feet beam and 4 1/2 feet depth in hold. Had three boilers with engines 15 inches in diameter and five feet stroke. She loaded out and departed Pittsburgh due Fort Benton on March 25th, 1870.
She was an unusual and phantastic low tide boat which was constructed for the headwater of the MIssouri River. This kind of ships carried passengers and freight from St. Louis up to Fort Benton, Montana, the place where the Missouri became navigable.
This travels often lasted more then 2 month and had been overshadowed by engine failures, storms, low tide and Indian raids. The river where located in the territory of the Sioux.
At time of Custer massacre, she brought the wounded from Little Big Horn- River to Fort Lincoln, a distance of 710 miles in 54 hours; the famous Missouri- River- Captain Grant Marsh was in command.
She struck a snag and sunk in Missouri River at Mullanthy Island 7 miles below Saint Charles, Missouri on Oct. 30th 1883.